Are you or a loved one living with hypertension or heart disease and seeking care. Home Health Companions is the group for you. When living with Hypertension or heart disease, there are numerous things that you must take into account, like the complications that come with these health issues.
High blood pressure puts you at risk for:
- Cerebrovascular disease.
- Chronic kidney disease.
- Congestive heart failure.
- Coronary artery disease.
- Peripheral arterial disease.
- Retinal disease.
Herat diseases such as coronary artery disease (CAD) and Left Ventricular Hypertrophy (LVH) can put you at risk for:
- Arrhythmia: your heart beats abnormally
- Heart attack: blood flow to the heart is interrupted, and the heart muscle dies from lack of oxygen
- Heart failure: your heart is unable to pump enough blood to the rest of your body
- Ischemic heart disease: your heart doesn’t get enough oxygen
- Peripheral artery disease.
- Stroke and sudden death
- Sudden cardiac arrest.
While Hypertension, generally known as High blood pressure, means having higher than normal blood levels, Heart disease is any condition that affects the structure or function of the heart. However, even with the two being different high blood pressure may place you at risk for heart disease.
The main risks factor for heart disease is high blood pressure. Your risk increases if:
- you’re overweight
- you’re not physically active enough as needed
- you smoke
- you have a high intake of fat and cholesterol
The treatment of Hypertension and heart disease varies depending on their severity. Therefore over at Home Health Companions, we offer private duty nursing staff specifically trained to assist you with tracking your blood pressure and a heart condition. Moreover, we provide ongoing care, including transportation, in-home help with food preparation, general care preparation, companionship, and medication management.
Medications used to treat heart disease and Hypertension may include the following as the primary goals are to prevent blood clotting, improve blood flow, and lower cholesterol levels:
- Aspirin to prevent blood clots
- Calcium channel blockers and ACE inhibitors to help lower blood pressure
- Nitrates to treat chest pain
- Statins to treat high cholesterol
- Water pills to help lower blood pressure
Adjusting to the idea that you have to prioritize your medications and maintain a particular lifestyle can become too much. Seek help with Home Health Companions as we’ll guide and take care of you every step of the way.
Get help! Check out our website @https://www.homehealthcompanions.com/