Caregiver – Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA)
At Home Health Companions, our employees make life easier for our clients wherever their home may be. Our nurses and caregivers are advocates for our clients well being and we help families select the appropriate level of care when and where it is needed. We provide health and daily living services 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
We are looking for high-energy Caregivers and Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs) seeking full & part time work, nights, days, weekends, and holidays. We work with you to find the perfect match between our clients and our caregivers.
Home Health Aide, Certified Nursing Assistant, CNA, HHA, Aide, Hospice Aide, Hospice CNA, Hospice HHA.
Responsibilities and Duties
As our Caregiver/CNA you will use your talent and abilities in many ways, including:
- Provide direct patient care to patient under direction of the RN and according to the Aide Plan of Care.
- Provide necessary skill to appropriately report changes and document pertinent information and care rendered to patient to ensure continuity of care.
- Practice accepted infection control principles.
- Provide a clean, safe and comfortable environment.
- Promote positive, supportive, respectful communication to patient/family and other employees.
- Provide an environment which promotes respect for patient, privacy and property.
- Contribute to the management and efficient operation of the agency and demonstrate effective time management skills.
- Provide skills necessary to perform treatments and procedures according to agency policy.
- Promote the agency philosophy and administrative policies to ensure quality of care.
- Caregivers experienced in providing care for clients with dementia or Alzheimer’ are preferred.
- Transportation of client to doctor’s appointments, shopping, social events, etc.
- Light housekeeping may be required, including but not limited to making beds, doing laundry, preparing meals, washing dishes, ironing, and cleaning, etc.
- Be able to follow the general rules and routine of the home using the Care Plan provided by the supervisor as a guide to the client’s specific care.
- Caregivers experienced in providing care for clients with Dementia, Alzheimer’s, or Parkinson’s are preferred.
- At least one-year experience, preferred, as a Hospice Aide or Nursing Assistant in a hospital, nursing home, home health agency, hospice, or long-term care facility or completion of Certified Nursing Assistant or Certified Home Health Aide Program.
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) license, desirable
- Certified Nursing Assistant training
- Must be able to function with minimal supervision, accepting personal responsibility for maintaining a professional relationship with the client.
- Caregivers must be reliable, dependable, honest, and caring.
- Must provide their own transportation that is in good working condition, possess a valid driver’s license, and evidence of current automobile liability insurance.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both written and verbally, in English.
- Must be able to pass a background check.